44.75 Acre Development in O’Fallon, Illinois
phase 1: McKendree MetroRecPlex
- 150,000 sq feet of space
- 2 NHL regulation ice rinks, one with seating capacity of 2,500+
- 25-meter by 25 yard competition swimming pool with two-1 meter spring boards, two-3 meter spring boards and one-5 meter xed diving board
- Separate recreational pool featuring a zero entry area attached to a four lane practice lap area
- Half court gymnasium and fitness center
- Venue capability to host birthday parties, annual conventions, ice and aquatic tournaments as well as boat and car shows
Serve Organizations Including:
- McKendree University’s ice and aquatic related sports including men’s and women’s hockey, swimming, diving, and men’s water polo
- Southern Illinois IceHawks, a local youth association
- Local high school hockey teams participating in the Mississippi Valley Club Hockey Association
- Capable to host regional and sectional events for hockey and ice skating, as well as a venue to host NCAA Division II divisional and regional tournaments in basketball, hockey, volleyball and wrestling.
Anticipated that visitations to the facility will be
in excess of 1,300,000 annually.
O'Fallon Family Sports Park
O’Fallon has invested over $30 million in the last decade to create a sports destination for baseball and soccer tournaments. It is located just 7 minutes from Four Points on Highway 50. Out of town guests are expected to double with the completion of 8 new all weather fields in the Fall of 2017.
O’Fallon is the epicenter of the emerging “Healthcare Highway” on I-64 with Memorial East Hospital, which opened in 2016 and brought 100,000 new visitors, and St. Elizabeth’s Hospital opening in November 2017 bringing an additional 250,000 visitors to this interchange annually.
Scott Air Force Base
Employs 13,000 people, 5,100 civilians with 5,500 active-duty Air Force, and an additional 2,400 Air National Guard and Reserve personnel.
- On June 25, 2014, the base was awarded two new cybersecurity squadrons that will add over 300 personnel, and an additional $16 million infrastructure improvements.
- Scott Air Force base supports a direct and indirect payroll of almost $2.4 billion and has an annual $3 billion impact on the region.
Average Daily Traffic Counts
The full buildout of the planned 427,000 SF development is expected to generate:
- 1,020 trips in the morning peak hour
- 1,700 trips in the afternoon peak hour
- 2,300 trips in the midday peak hour on Saturday
O’Fallon is the most sought after destination for businesses & homeowners in the region, consistently ranking as the fastest-growing city in the Metro East & the fifth fastest-growing suburb in the St. Louis area.
O’Fallon’s Destination Market includes nearly 300,000 people.